Thursday 5 May 2016

Assessing

Good afternoon everybody!

Here I am again to write about our new ICT challenge. In this task we were asked to create a rubric to evaluate e-projects. A rubric principal’s objective is to assess someone’s work in detail, giving feedback and specifying the criteria you are going to use to evaluate the e-project.

 As teachers, evaluating student’s challenges is one of the most important and difficult tasks and in my view, having a consistent rubric makes the job easier. In order to create my rubric I chose QuickRubric which is a tool with which you can create as many online rubrics as you wish.

The first thing I had to do was to create an account. Once I created the account I clicked on the orange tab “CREATE A RUBRIC”.

 The blank rubric looks like the following picture and users can modify the criteria and the points for each. The tool allows you to add columns and rows or delete these by clicking on the red crosses.

Once the user have chosen the punctuation and criteria, is time to fill in the rubric according to the way in which you are going to evaluate your students
.

The final step is to save the rubric.
If you want, you can print it out or save in your computer, however, QuickRubric saves it online for you too.

In my rubric I decided to have into account the following criteria:

  •  Content 
  • Use of language
  • Multimedia tools
  • Accessibility
  • Attractiveness
  • Attributing
  • Effort
  • Dissemination


Have a look at mu rubric here



In CLIL evaluating is very important and self-assessment and peer assessment are crucial. Through these two types of assessment students develop their cognitive skills as it involves HOTS.

Therefore, I would like to invite you to try this with your students, I mean, let them do their own rubric to evaluate their own work and their peer’s work.

Let's make students develop their cognitive skills and their ICT's skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment